The 22 Mag FRO (Field Radio Operator) was designed with battlefield Comms in mind. Developed with Airforce Tac-P controllers, the FRO helps carry today’s radios and the gear that comes with them. Paired with our Pals chamber slider, you can pull the radio out to change the battery and maintain the unit while being able to re-insert and move quickly. Two compression straps on the Pals lined back panel keep the weight close to your back and stable. Two Grimloc buckles up top will lock the main zipper so you can route antennas and cables without worrying about he pack opening until you want it to. This style opening also puts less stress on the antennas than velcro based closures. Internal mesh pockets are sized to fit BA5590 batteries and the zipper access comes to the top so you don’t have to unpack your bag. Oversized hydro ports up top will fit radio plugs and there are two velcro closed exits on the lower back of the pack to re route hand units and get them off of your shoulder. Side pockets have bladder hanger tabs up top and lots of Pals webbing on the outside for remote mount antennas. All zippers for main compartment and side pockets have webbing lock out tabs to keep them from opening on their own or while palletized. Two grommets on the bottom have a webbing dust shield sewn in to keep debris from coming in the pack. 11 rows of 6 columns worth of Pals webbing on the front. Paired with our 22” Duplex Tactical frame, this pack will handle most Comms needs and can be run beltless with the addition of 2 Kclip straps connected to the bottom of the frame (Lite frames do not have this feature).
– Fabric: 500D DWR Coated Cordura
– Volume main bag: 2,200 ci / 36 liter
– Total Volume: 3,300 ci / 54 liter
– Weight: 3.67 lbs / 1.66 kg
– Dimensions Main Bag: 11.5″w x 7.5″d x 24″h
– Designed for our 22″ Duplex frame (Frame required for complete pack)
– Top pocket – 340 ci (5.6 L) for optics/essentials (11″w x 10″d x 2 – 3.5″h)
– Side pockets – 380 ci (6.22 L) each – 760 ci total (12.44 L)
– Top slot pocket for maps/essential items
– Multiple grab handles, three on the top of the pack and one at the base
– Ample PALS webbing on the exterior of the pack allow for customized loadout options.
– Dual hydro ports
– Two horizontal compression straps with K-Clips
– Two compression straps at the base of the pack
– Two Grommets w/ dust shield in the base of the pack for water drainage
– Built in load shelf
– Two large mesh pockets on the interior front panel of the pack for organization.
– Internal water bladder hanger with dual hose ports. Each side pocket also has a water bladder hanger.
– Chamber pocket (included)
– Six rows of PALS on the interior back panel of the pack with two compression straps allows for additional belt pouches or other pockets to be attached inside the main bag.
– Airline carry-on compliant (using 22″ Frame only)