Free shipping for contiguous United States orders over $75.00
The showroom is now open by appointment only. please call 1-800-222-6139 or click here to make an appointment. We will still be offering curbside pickup, please call 1-800-222-6139 when you arrive and we will bring your order out to you.
Ultralight shelter for one person and gear or two folks in emergency. Small and light enough to always toss into a daypack for bombproof bivy-ing.
The basic shelter is open at the front for 3 season use
Best uses: 1 person and gear or emergency bivvy for 2
Weight: 13.4 oz. canopy only (includes 20 Groundhog stakes – 9 oz.)
Highly wind resistant (60 mph+) and water proof, regardless of configuration
Guy-out points to help add usable interior space
Can be pitched as a flat tarp or shelter
Flat Dimensions: 9′ 6″ long x 8′ wide front x 5′ wide back
Pitched Dimensions: Length: 7′ 8″
Front width: 55″ Height: 42″
Rear width: 55″ Height: 26″
– Ideally suited for use with available materials (tree branches, trekking poles,etc)
– Can be pitched with optional Peg and Pole kit
– Open front allows you to build a fire or use one of our stoves
– Overhead eave helps keep the drips out
Seam sealer is included, and sealing is done by the customer in order to save costs and expedite your shelter.
1. Pitch your shelter tight to allow sealer to penetrate and waterproof the stretched seams, stitch holes and thread.
2. Fabric should be clean and dry (this sealer claims to cure in wet or damp conditions). Use a paper cup, mix sealant and mineral spirit (paint thinner) until you have a slurry about the thickness of molasses. Using a 1/2″ inch paint brush, apply to all sewn areas, seams, bartacks and holes. *Do not place seam sealer on the zipper teeth. This will cause you problems down the road.
3. Curing: leave the tent pitched until the sealant is not tacky, the longer the better. Fully cures in 24 hours but dries tack free in about 30 minutes to 1 hour.