$930.00 – $1,330.00
The efficiency of a tarp with the stand-up room of a Tipi, this hybrid is a great combo of weight savings & comfort. At 6+ feet tall, you get plenty of headroom, and can easily get dressed, stretch or pull in a couple of camp chairs. All at just 4 1/2 pounds that shrinks down into a tiny package. The semi-conical shape has no big flat sides to catch wind or snow, and has proven its mettle in sustained winds of 50 mph, and gusts of well over 70 mph. Weather simply slides up and over, like a sawtooth. Want to save more weight? Ditch the rear pole and use a trekking pole or cut stick for a 3 ounce savings.
The intent of this design was to provide a bullet-proof solo shelter for backcountry outings, that you can enter and leave without having to crawl, at very light weight. We want you to be able to stand when you enter the Sawtooth and when you put your gear on in the morning.
Due to its sloping shape to the rear, it is optimized it for height, the 6′ 5″ testers who’ve been in it can stand straight up. Our 5’11” testers can even move around a foot or so in all directions. It’s very spacious, having plenty of room for two men with full gear for all four seasons. With the ability to add one our stoves, plentiful firewood, and backpack camp chairs the Sawtooth can punch far above its weight and provide comfort wherever you are.
Seam sealer is included, and sealing is done by the customer in order to save costs and expedite your shelter.
1. Pitch your shelter tight to allow sealer to penetrate and waterproof the stretched seams, stitch holes and thread.
2. Fabric should be clean and dry (this sealer claims to cure in wet or damp conditions). Using a 1/2″ inch paint brush, apply to all sewn areas, seams, bartacks and holes. *Do not place seam sealer on the zipper teeth. This will cause you problems down the road.
3. Curing: leave the tent pitched until the sealant is not tacky, the longer the better. Fully cures in 24 hours but dries tack free in about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
– Recommended stoves: Our 18″ Smith Cylinder Stove, Medium Box Stove, and Large Box Stove.
*stove jack will not be cut unless purchased with a stove or specified in the comments, we will only cut the stove jack for the diameter of stove pipes that we offer ( 3.25, 3.5, 4, 6)
– Stand-up room for 2 people & gear
– Weight: 4 lbs., 8 oz. includes pole, (Pegs are no longer included due to sourcing delays. Requires 20 pegs of your choosing for optimal performance), Seam Sealer and 3 bags
– Footprint: 13′ 9″ x 8′ 6″
– 15 Peg Loops
– Clothes line along center ridge
– Orange reflective cordage included for guy line loops
– Sawtooth Liner: 1lb 2.5oz