The Kifaru Backcountry Body Bag is great as a stand alone sleeping bag or ground cloth. Our Apex insulation is continuous filament – so strong that no quilting is needed. Plus, it has a better “feel” and draping capabilities – no quilting, so there are no cold spots. Coupled with our water resistant RhinoSkin Shell, you get immediate warmth and protection. Best yet, the Body Bag is very compressible due to the state of the art materials used. Same great stuff we use in our center zip sleeping bags.
Construction: Our proprietary RhinoSkin™ – the lightest/toughest material available with an excellent DWR finish for water resistance, and the two tone color scheme provides more blending latitude.
Insulation: We use Apex insulation on the Backcountry Body Bag. Continuous filaments provide superior strength, moisture resistance, durability, thermal efficiency and excellent packing efficiency as compared to down or cut staple insulation.
– Color: Coyote on one side, OD on the other (reversible)
– Body Bag Weight: 2 lb 8 oz
– Temp Rating: 25°
– Dimensions Zipped: 35″ diameter opening x 24″ diameter foot box x 83″ tall
– Dimensions Unzipped: 70″ wide open end x 83″ tall tapered to 48″ at the footbox
– Insulation: uses 6 oz / square yard Apex insulation
– Fits inside a Medium 5 String Stuff Sack
– Built in stuff sack serves as a pillow
– Drawstring closure
– Can be fully unzipped
– Three zipper pulls to control venting
– Multiple tabs on the brown side for connecting your bag to your sleeping pad
BODY BAG CARE & STORAGE
Cleaning: machine wash warm or cold with mild detergent. front load machine only. no bleach. Tumble dry warm not to exceed 120°F store unstuffed.
Storage, long term: uncompressed
Short term: the built in stuff sack is just fine.