We sew our products in batches and therefore may not have all colors in stock at one time. Thus, nothing usually ships immediately, but is well worth the wait.
Free shipping for contiguous United States orders over $75.00
The showroom will shutdown starting 11/20 according to CDPHE. We will offer curbside pickup, please call 1-800-222-6139 when you arrive and we will bring your order out to you.
The Kifaru Backcountry Body Bag is great as a stand alone sleeping bag or ground cloth. Our Apex insulation is continuous filament – so strong that no quilting is needed. Plus, it has a better “feel” and draping capabilities – no quilting, so there are no cold spots. Coupled with our water resistant RhinoSkin Shell, you get immediate warmth and protection. Best yet, the Body Bag is very compressible in one of our Stuff Sacks (sold separately) due to the state of the art materials used. Same great stuff we use in our center zip sleeping bags.
Construction: Our proprietary RhinoSkin™ – the lightest/toughest material available with an excellent DWR finish for water resistance, and the two tone color scheme provides more blending latitude.
Insulation: We use Apex insulation on the Backcountry Body Bag. Continuous filaments provide superior strength, moisture resistance, durability, thermal efficiency and excellent packing efficiency as compared to down or cut staple insulation.
– Color: Coyote on one side, OD on the other (reversible)
– Body Bag Weight: 2 lb 8 oz
– Temp Rating: 25°
– Dimensions Zipped: 35″ diameter opening x 24″ diameter foot box x 83″ tall
– Dimensions Unzipped: 70″ wide open end x 83″ tall tapered to 48″ at the footbox
– Insulation: uses 6 oz / square yard Apex insulation
– Built in stuff sack serves as a pillow
– Fits inside a Medium 5 String Stuff Sack for further compression (sold separately)
– Drawstring closure
– Can be fully unzipped
– Three zipper pulls to control venting
– Multiple tabs on the brown side for connecting your bag to your sleeping pad
BODY BAG CARE & STORAGE
Cleaning: machine wash warm or cold with mild detergent. front load machine only. no bleach. Tumble dry warm not to exceed 120°F store unstuffed.
Storage, long term: uncompressed
Short term: the built in stuff sack is just fine.