Hilleberg Helags 2
511 E SUNSET DR.
511 E SUNSET DR.
RIVERTON WY 82501
Roomy, light, and comfortable, THE NEW HELAGS MODELS are outstanding choices for those looking for comfort and low weight for their adventures during the snow-free times of the year. Their two vestibule configuration results in an inner tent with vertical ends, near vertical sidewalls, and full sitting height throughout the tent. Curved patterning on the bottom of the outer tent walls provides full-time ventilation without compromising protection from rain, and all-mesh inner tent doors promote impressive air flow. For even more venting (and for great views), both vestibule doors can be rolled away completely. Patterned after the Red Label Kaitum, the Helags is an excellent “all-rounder.” It excels at mobile journeys, where you pitch your tent and take it down frequently, and it is equally at home on a variety of adventures. Backpackers, paddlers and bicycle tourers will all love its lightweight roominess, and since the Helags 3 weighs just 200 g (7 oz) more than the Helags 2, sizing up is an easy choice for those wanting even more comfort.
Minimum Weight: 2.1 kg/4 lbs 10 oz
Packed Weight: 2.4 kg/5 lbs 5 oz
“Minimum Weight” refers to the outer and inner tents and the poles only. “Packed Weight” includes all items that come with the tent.
Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1000
Poles (10 mm): 1 x 305.2 cm & 2 x 260 cm / 1 x 120.1 in & 2 x 102.4 in
Pegs: 16 Y-Peg UL
- Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a supremely lightweight tent that is still quite strong.
- 3 season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- A good amount of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but seperable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single-opening, continuous sleeve and pole tensioner pole system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers only the inner tent area and not the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- The inner tent can be replaced with a Mesh Inner tent (sold separately; see accessories).
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holders (see accessories).