511 E SUNSET DR.
511 E SUNSET DR.
RIVERTON WY 82501
The efficiency of a tarp with the stand-up room of a Tipi, this hybrid is a great combo of weight savings & comfort. At 6+ feet tall, you get plenty of headroom, and can easily get dressed, stretch or pull in a couple of camp chairs. All at just 4 1/2 pounds that shrinks down into a tiny package. The semi-conical shape has no big flat sides to catch wind or snow, and has proven its mettle in sustained winds of 50 mph, and gusts of well over 70 mph. Weather simply slides up and over, like a sawtooth. Want to save more weight? Ditch the rear pole and use a trekking pole or cut stick for a 3 ounce savings.
The intent of this design was to provide a bullet-proof solo shelter for backcountry outings, that you can enter and leave without having to crawl, at very light weight. We want you to be able to stand when you enter the Sawtooth and when you put your gear on in the morning.
Due to its sloping shape to the rear, it is optimized it for height, the 6′ 5″ testers who’ve been in it can stand straight up. Our 5’11” testers can even move around a foot or so in all directions. It’s very spacious, having plenty of room for two men with full gear for all four seasons. With the ability to add one our stoves, plentiful firewood, and backpack camp chairs the Sawtooth can punch far above its weight and provide comfort wherever you are.
– Recommended stoves: Our 18″ Smith Cylinder Stove, Medium Box Stove, and Large Box Stove.
– Stand-up room for 2 people & gear
– Pegs are no longer included due to sourcing delays. Requires 20 pegs of your choosing for optimal performance, Seam Sealer and 3 bags
*The stove jack will no longer be cut, but a template will be provided for the stove you purchase or upon request
– Footprint: 13′ 9″ x 8′ 6″
– 15 Peg Loops
– Clothes line along center ridge
– Orange reflective cordage included for guy line loops
– Sawtooth Canopy weighs 4.5lbs and the liner weighs 1.25lbs
Seam sealer is included, and sealing is done by the customer in order to save costs and expedite your shelter.
1. Pitch your shelter tight to allow sealer to penetrate and waterproof the stretched seams, stitch holes, and thread.
2. Fabric should be clean and dry (this sealer claims to cure in wet or damp conditions). Using a 1/2″ inch paint brush, apply to all sewn areas, seams, bartacks and holes. Do not place seam sealer on the zipper teeth. This will cause you problems down the road.
3. Curing: leave the tent pitched until the sealant is not tacky, the longer the better. Fully cures in 24 hours but dries tack free in about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- GNGeorge Nelson J.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoSawtooth camp
This is my go to if I’m alone or with another. Pitches easy , warm and roomy. Drove up to Iowa and set up at the bat caves for an overnighter. Great piece of kit!Kifaru Intl3 months ago
Looks nice n cozy!!!!
- RSRoss S.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoPerfect for 2 guys/gear/stove
I have had my sawtooth on some pretty crazy hunts. If I am hunting with a buddy we split the weight of the Sawtooth instead of each packing a 1 man setup. It amazing to be able to stand up inside the shelter and having the capability to have a stove. It’s definitely been one of my favorite shelters.Kifaru Intl3 months ago
Awesome Ross! Being able to "stand up and put your pants on" was a design MUST for sure! Glad you're happy!
- RGRyan G.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoSolid 2 man option in the backcountry!
As an Outfitter we use the Sawtooth anytime we want to remain pretty light and have a small footprint but still want a stove. This is something we take with just 2 of us, it fits 2 large people with the stove and gear just fine. If we're doing 2-5 days during mid season when the temps can drop pretty good we take this and the Kifaru stove and we're able to be perfectly comfortable.
- SLSteven L.Verified ReviewerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoBest shaped floorless
Two adults, two dogs and the stove with room to spare.
Great shape, spacious and plenty of head room to sit on a small chair while enjoying coffee. Highly recommend!Kifaru Intl3 months ago
Hell yea Steven!! Sounds like the perfect mountain hotel! Thanks for the love and support!