The Checkpoint is a panel loader that is at home in airports, on your commute or hiking a day’s gear up into the hills. Its full zip panel design opens to a 420d packcloth lined interior with two mesh pockets on the inside of the flap for easy access to essentials. A suspended stretchy laptop pocket will keep your laptop from hitting the ground and close to your back. Access the laptop pocket through a dual zippered opening at the top of the bag which also doubles as the hose / charging port. The front of the bag has a small organizer pocket at the top with a key hook. The front main pocket is accessed through dual zippers with lock outs on either side so you can access the pocket on the move. The back features thick spacer mesh and an EDC belt pass through (sold separately) with thick sewn in shoulder straps. The Sternum strap can be moved up and down the webbing tracks or taken off completely.
Included are two K-clip compression straps that you can attach to internal tabs along the back to compress clothes or camera cubes, or on the bottom webbing tracks. There are two sets of webbing tabs on the outer back seam that will work with Sherman pockets or Grab-its. Two full length stays of your choice (composite or aluminum) ride on a 1/16″ HDPE framesheet for added stability. As always, our Chamber pocket rides shotgun near the top access zipper for small items. You will find a tab for securing bladders at the top of the back panel. The three Xpac versions are paired with 1000d Black cordura and have xpac accent panels of X50 Multicam Black, X10 Cotton duck Eclipse Grey or X10 Cotton duck Olive. The 500d versions are Coyote Brown and Multicam. All Checkpoints are lined with 420d Packcloth.
Weight 500d packs: 3.45lb (with composite stays)
Weight 1000d packs: 3.55lb (with composite stays)
Volume: 1,800 ci / 29.5 L
Material: 500d bags
Coyote Brown / 420d packcloth lining
Multicam / 420d packcloth lining
Material 1000d / xpac bags
Multicam Black X50 / OD 420d packcloth lining
Olive cotton duck X10 / OD 420d packcloth lining
Eclipse Grey cotton duck X10 / OD 420d packcloth lining
– Main compartment: 11.5″ / 29cm w x 6.5″ / 16.5cm d x 20″ / 50.8cm h
– Laptop sleeve: 11″ / 28cm w x 12.5″ / 31.75 h
– Top zipper opening/laptop access: 11.5″ / 29cm w
– Quick access pocket: 11″ / 28cm w x 1.5″ / 3.8cm d x 18″ / 45.7cm h
– Zippered organizer pocket: 8″ / 20cm w x 7″ / 17.8 h
– Small internal mesh pocket: 11″ / 28cm w x 7.5″ / 19cm h
– Large internal mesh pocket: 11″ / 28cm w x 10.5″ / 26.6 h
– Full zippered panel opening
– Laptop pocket – Fit 15″ Mackbook with room to spare. The laptop pocket has some stretch to it and is floating off the bottom of the pack. Whatever will fit in the laptop sleeve, the zippers on the top of the pack will open wide enough to retrieve the contents of the pocket.
– Pockets – Two mesh pockets are on the inside of the front flap. The front outer has a small pocket on the top with organizer sleeves and a key hook. The main front pocket is accessible from both sides and has some dimension to it.
– Compression tabs – There are 2 inner compression tabs to hook K clip straps to for inner compression (clothes) and a few outer options (includes two K clip straps). There are tabs to hook a Sherman pocket or Grab-it to. On the bottom are 1″ tracks of webbing that will also work with Sherman’s, Grab-it’s or with the K clip straps.
– Internal frame with either composite or aluminum stays
– Belt – The Checkpoint uses the EDC / Antero waist belt (sold separately)