The Rogen is an excellent choice for any trip during the snow-free months of the year where very light weight is of the highest importance. Especially well-suited to those who prefer dome construction, its self-supporting design is a good option for tougher pitching conditions.
Two equal length crossing poles create the basic shape, and a shorter pole in the roof provides vestibule head room and adds to overall stability. Single opening pole sleeves make for quick pitching, and curved patterning in the bottom of the outer tent walls offers constant venting. The inner tent doors are all mesh for full time air flow, and both vestibules can be rolled away for added cross venting.
The Rogen’s spaciousness and self-supporting construction, along with its remarkably low weight and the comfort of its two vestibules, will appeal to paddlers, summer mountain scramblers, backpackers, bicycle tourers, and hunters, among others. These same traits also make the Rogen a compelling choice for solo travelers who value roominess and maximum comfort.
“Rogen” is a nature preserve in northern Sweden that is famous for its canoeing
• Kerlon 1000 outer tent fabric and 9 mm poles make for a supremely lightweight tent that is still quite strong.
• 3 season design: ventilation is built into the construction, and the inner tent mesh areas have no backing fabric panels.
• Dome construction with two main crossing poles is an excellent choice for tough pitching conditions.
• The Rogen has a good amount of room for two occupants and their gear.
• Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
• Self-supporting dome design requires only the vestibule to be pegged, and the simple full sleeve and tensioner pole system make for quick, easy set up
• Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
• An optional footprint covers only the inner tent area and not the vestibule. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
• The inner tent can be replaced with the Rogen Mesh Inner tent.
• The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires 4 optional pole holders.