$340.00 – $450.00
Great warmth, roominess, a big foot box, and the ability to pack down to nothing. Less weight and bulk – in fact, the Slick Bag has the best warmth to weight ratio on the market. We blend the best of insulations with our Rhino Skin fabric to produce a bag that is extremely compact when stored, yet lofts up to deliver lifesaving warmth. Deceptively “thin”, this bag is devoid of bulky, quilted filler.
Center Zip Slick Bag
Center zip bags in the past have been cold due to heat loss through the zipper. Kifaru solved this problem with the passive baffle system inside our new center zip bag. The baffle stays in place while sleeping to eliminate heat loss. The top of the bag is contoured over the shoulder to retain as much body heat as possible.
– Passive baffle construction along the zipper eliminates cold spots along with dual collar baffles to keep heat from escaping around the neck and head.
– Formfitting hood with single drawcord for easy adjustment during the night
– Tri zippers allows access to phone/gear while keeping the bag solidly over the shoulders
– Made of the same durable material as our previous slick bags.
Roominess: Much roomier than typical recreational mummy bags, meaning you can sleep fully clothed, including boots. Built for long term living in difficult terrain and conditions.
The lightest/toughest material available
Excellent DWR finish for water resistance
Tough enough for military applications and any back country use, including boots in the bag
Insulation: Climashield® APEX reaches new heights in combinations of weight and thermal efficiency. Developed from a culmination of over 25 years of manufacturing experience, this innovative insulation is the lightest weight and most thermally efficient continuous filament insulation on the market today.
– Continuous filaments provide superior strength, moisture resistance, durability, thermal efficiency and excellent packing efficiency as compared to down or cut staple insulation.
– Coyote exterior, Olive Drab interior
Due to the fact that the human body produces a lot of perspiration (up to a quart even in one night!), you’ll want to air out your sleeping gear. If left unchecked, damp insulation will make them less efficient at trapping heat. When you get home, air out your gear again thoroughly, and hang or store it uncompressed in a Stow-Away.
Seasoned folks know that cold weather soft goods rarely get washed, as the process can reduce the effectiveness of the insulation. Never dry clean your Woobie or Slick Bag! We recommend hand washing with Nikwax Tech Wash or Woolite, then hang it over a clothes line.
– Wide Slick Bag 6’4.5″ / 76.5″ / 194cm 33″ / 83.82cm 26.5″ / 67.3cm 19.5″ / 49.5cm
– Wide Long Slick Bag 7′ / 84″ / 213.3cm 33″ / 83.82cm 26.5″ / 67.3cm 19.5″ / 49.5cm
|Regular Slick Bag||Wide Slick Bag|
|20°F 2.8lb/1.27kg||20°F 3.3lb/1.49kg|
|0°F 3.35lb/1.64kg||0°F 4.12lb/1.86kg|
|-20°F 4.25lb/1.92kg||-20°F 4.75lb/2.15kg|
|Long Slick Bag||Wide Long Slick Bag|
|20°F 2.9lbs/1.3kg||20°F 3.53lb/1.58kg|
|0°F 3.6lb/1.61kg||0°F 4.25lb/1.92kg|
|-20°F 4.43lb/2kg||-20°F 4.9lb/2.22kg|