$837.00 – $1,186.00
We sew our products in batches and therefore may not have all colors in stock at one time. Thus, nothing usually ships immediately, but is well worth the wait.
Free shipping for contiguous United States orders over $75.00
The showroom is now open by appointment only. please call 1-800-222-6139 or click here to make an appointment. We will still be offering curbside pickup, please call 1-800-222-6139 when you arrive and we will bring your order out to you.
The efficiency of a tarp with the stand-up room of a Tipi, this hybrid is a great combo of weight savings & comfort. At 6+ feet tall, you get plenty of headroom, and can easily get dressed, stretch or pull in a couple of camp chairs. All at just 4 1/2 pounds that shrinks down into a tiny, man-carryable package. The semi-conical shape has no big flat sides to catch wind or snow, and has proven its mettle in sustained winds of 50 mph, and gusts of well over 70 mph. Weather simply slides up and over, like a sawtooth. Want to save more weight? Ditch the rear pole and use a trekking pole or cut stick for a 3 ounce savings.
My design intent was to provide myself with a bullet-proof solo shelter for my solo ramblings that I could enter and leave without having to crawl, and at very light weight. As an elder-of-the-tribe rambling man I intend to STAND when I enter my tipi, and I am going to STAND when I put on my duds–indeed, I am going to stand up and stretch…move around…whenever I want. It stands even taller than the 4 man. I’ve been carrying a 6 man tipi a couple of years since I made this resolution. Well, the advent of this new shelter puts the 6 man back on the shelf. I’ve saved significant weight by creating this shelter. It’s light enough I’ll happily tote it anywhere.
Due to it’s sloping shape to the rear the headroom is optimized–the 6′ 5″ testers who’ve been in it can stand straight up. At 5’11” I can even move around a foot or so. It’s very spacious. It is plenty big enough for two men and full rambling gear…including winter equipage. And plentiful firewood. And backpackable camp chairs.
The results of that resolution to build myself a stand-up shelter are everything I wanted. I think it’ll sleep three comfortably!
Seam sealer is included, and sealing is done by the customer in order to save costs and expedite your shelter.
1. Pitch your shelter tight to allow sealer to penetrate and waterproof the stretched seams, stitch holes and thread.
2. Fabric should be clean and dry (this sealer claims to cure in wet or damp conditions). Use a paper cup, mix sealant and mineral spirit (paint thinner) until you have a slurry about the thickness of molasses. Using a 1/2″ inch paint brush, apply to all sewn areas, seams, bartacks and holes. *Do not place seam sealer on the zipper teeth. This will cause you problems down the road.
3. Curing: leave the tent pitched until the sealant is not tacky, the longer the better. Fully cures in 24 hours but dries tack free in about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
– Recommended stoves: Small or Medium
*stove jack will not be cut unless purchased with a stove or specified in the comments, we will only cut the stove jack for the diameter of stove pipes that we offer( 3.25, 3.5, 4, 6)
– Stand-up room for 2 people & gear
– Weight: 4 lbs., 8 oz. includes pole, pegs, Seam Sealer and 3 bags
– Footprint: 13′ 9″ x 8′ 6″
– 15 Peg Loops
– Clothes line along center ridge
– Orange reflective cordage included for guy line loops
– Sawtooth Liner: 1lb 2.5oz