$1,233.00 – $1,741.00
We sew our products in batches and therefore may not have all colors in stock at one time. Thus, nothing usually ships immediately, but is well worth the wait.
Free shipping for contiguous United States orders over $75.00
The showroom is now open by appointment only. please call 1-800-222-6139 or click here to make an appointment. We will still be offering curbside pickup, please call 1-800-222-6139 when you arrive and we will bring your order out to you.
The very popular 8 man was Patrick’s first Tipi, and has been everywhere, done everything, for 25 years. It’s combination of size, ruggedness, and weight will serve you well. Wonderful standing and moving around roominess.
– Recommended stoves: Medium and large stove
*stove jack will not be cut unless purchased with a stove or specified in the comments, we will only cut the stove jack for the diameter of stove pipes that we offer ( 3.25, 3.5, 4, 6)
– Weight: 7 lbs 9 oz / 3.4kg, includes pole, pegs, Seam Sealer and bag
– Footprint: 18′ x 15′
– Height: 8′ 6″ (at center pole)
– Packed dimensions: 7.75″ x 23″
Seam sealer is included, and sealing is done by the customer in order to save costs and expedite your shelter.
1. Pitch your shelter tight to allow sealer to penetrate and waterproof the stretched seams, stitch holes and thread.
2. Fabric should be clean and dry (this sealer claims to cure in wet or damp conditions). Use a paper cup, mix sealant and mineral spirit (paint thinner) until you have a slurry about the thickness of molasses. Using a 1/2″ inch paint brush, apply to all sewn areas, seams, bartacks and holes.
3. Curing: leave the tent pitched until the sealant is not tacky, the longer the better. Fully cures in 24 hours but dries tack free in about 30 minutes to 1 hour.
NO OPEN FIRES. Kifaru Tipis are designed to be used with a stove, and not open fires. Any use of an open fire inside a Tipi will void all warranties.
UV Rays: Any nylon structure will suffer from UV rays if allowed to remain erected for prolonged periods of time. We strongly recommend NOT using your Kifaru shelter as a permanent structure.
Snow Loads: These shelters are not cabins. Do not leave your Tipi unattended in snow country and keep snow knocked off. Warranty does NOT cover snow load damage.
Storage: The greatest harm to Tipi fabric is usually not from abuse or critters, it is improper storage. After your trip, make sure your Tipi is free of any moisture or organic materials – these can eat away at the fabric during storage. Air dry and store out of direct sunlight. Should you find mildew on your Shelter, simply remove spots with a bit of vinegar.
Washing: agitation of machine washing can damage the UV coatings on outdoor fabrics – sponge bathe with Woolite (no bleach). Hang to dry.